Thursday 20 July 2017

The Waiting Game.


So I went for the oral interview of my dream job about six weeks ago. I did a post about it here.

I can say the interview went reasonably well. I was able to accurately answer the questions I was asked. In my department, out of 36 candidates that took the written exam, about 19 were invited for the oral interview and rumour has it only 2 will be selected eventually. We were told after the interview that we would hear from them in two weeks. It is 6 weeks post interview and no news yet.




 Shortly after the interview, I would have recurrent dreams everyday, of being called by a strange number telling me I got the job. The first two weeks after the interview, took quite a toll on me mentally, because a phone call or text message alert would literally make my heat skip a beat. I would rush excitedly to my phone, hoping to read that life changing sms. I would pick up my phone with bated breath, only to be slapped in the face by my phone service provider (MTN) telling me to download a caller tune or something silly, Or I would see a familiar name calling me. Ah! That feeling of disappointment cannot be described.

In spite of this, i have been so hopeful and i am still so hopeful. I believe that i will be given the job. Anytime they decide to release the names,i trust God that i would not be left out.

The day i realized that i really didn’t have to sweat the waiting out period so much was when i came across Psalm 42;5. It says… why are you downcast, o my soul? And why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God and wait expectantly for Him, for I will yet praise Him, my savior and my God.

Well, I have been waiting expectantly all right, but I have been waiting disturbed! I was putting my hope in God and worried at the same time! What a difference! I will yet praise him. ’yet’ in this context is a word of permanency and constancy. No matter how long I have to wait, no matter the end point, I will always praise Him.
                                                                   
                                                       

St Peter says to cast all our cares (anxieties, worries, concerns) on the Lord. ( See 1 Peter 5:7).While St Paul teaches us in Philippians 4:6-7….Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.

Then I got more encouragement when I remembered Psalm 84:11... For the Lord is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favour and honour; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless.

Our Father is a Father who delights in giving good gifts to His children. I really want this job, however sometimes I wonder if God has something else, an even better plan for me. I don’t dwell on this thought much though, because my desire for this job is really great. What I think about more is the teaching that when you are in Christ, what you ask will be His will for you, because you start to have the mind of Christ.  I also remember Jesus’ promise in John 15:7...If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you.

 What I am believing God for, may seem big for me, but is small to God. I want to take the limits off of Him and allow Him supersize my dreams. I am the child of the Most High God. He will cause good things to fall into place for me. His dream for me is to bring me into overflow. He created me to live an abundant life. I have the favour of God. The forces that are for me are greater than that against me. I will see explosive blessings from God  in my life.

Finally, my prayer for myself, my family,friends and for you my dear reader is Deuteronomy 1;11 …May the Lord, the God of your fathers increase you a thousand times and bless you as he has promised!

Amen!




Action plan;Cast your cares upon the Lord,for He cares for you.(1 Peter 5:7)
(!

No comments:

Post a Comment