Monday 25 December 2017

Christmas vs Xmas


The inscription I wrote on the Christmas fruit cake I made for my sister in law yesterday was Merry X-Mas. After I had piped on it, I realized that I ought to have written Christmas because, come on, there is no Christmas  without Christ. However, due to limited space on the cake and the need to make the fonts equal I decided to use xmas. I seriously contemplated removing it and writing Christmas after I was done, but that would have made the cake rough, so I just left it. Thank God for His grace because the great accuser of the brethren, the devil, started manipulating my mind  afterwards and giving me guilt trips ,for writing Xmas; as though I had denied Christ .I quickly rebuked him and moved on.

Funny enough at mass today, to reiterate my realization that the word xmas is not a good depiction of the reason for this season, the priest gave several analogies of the two words: Christmas and Xmas

 An X sign depicts a wrong answer, danger and is even an unknown mathematical variable. What is it with humans and the need to remove Christ from our lives?
Wikipedia says xmas isn’t a secular removal of Christ from Christmas, but the first letter of the Greek word Chi,which is the first letter of the Greek word Χριστός, which in English is "Christ".

Bottom-line, Christmas is made possible because of Christ Jesus.  We should enjoy the celebrations having at the back of our minds that we are commemorating the birth of Jesus who was born just to die for us.
It's Christmas day, so make sure you enjoy yourself to the fullest, but remember that, whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 1Corinthians10:31

THE CAKE!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!


2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you and yours.may we always remember that Jesus is the reason for the season

    ReplyDelete