Thursday 13 April 2017

HOW TO SEEK GOD.


To read the PART ONE of seeking GOD click here

1Chron28;9 David tells his son Solomon,...acknowledge the God of your father and serve him with wholehearted devotion and with a willing mind,for the Lord searches every heart and understands every motive behind the thought.If you seek him,he will be found by you;but if you forsake him,he will reject you forever.


I like that David reminds us that God knows our heart.From my experience,i have found that some days i am able to spend quality time with God.Some other days however,life happens and i find i may not be able to set aside time to spend time with God.On those days,i am able to speak to God  in my heart while doing the chores,at work.



David exhorted us in 
1Chron16:11..seek the Lord and His strength.seek His face continuously.

We are to spend quality time with God everyday.We should always be in His presence such that even after praying we still carry Christ like a sweet smelling fragrance around us.
Sometimes i make a conscious effort to make ejaculatory prayers  as often as possible,in order to keep my mind focused on Christ and to remind myself of my total dependence on God.
Ejaculatory prayers are short 'bursts' of prayers; e.g, Thank You Jesus, Jesus,i trust in you,Lord,help me.etc
The pursuit of God is a life long quest.

Some Biblical God seekers.
1 Chron.28:9.....Solomon
2 Chron26:5.......Uzziah
Psalm 27:4-8.....David
Daniel 9:2-3.....Daniel
Mark 1:35....Jesus
Luke 5:16....Jesus


Benefits of seeking God.
1.You will be blessed
Blessed are they who keep His statutes and seek Him with all their hearts. (Psa119:2)

2.The Lord will be good to You.
The Lord is good to those whose hope is in Him,to the one who seeks Him. (Lamentations3:25)

The lions may grow weak and hungry,but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing. (Psalm34:10)

3.He will deliver you from trouble

Call upon me in the day of trouble;I will deliver you,and You will honour me. (Psa 50;15)

4.He will forgive your sins
If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways,then i will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and heal their land.   ( 2 Chron7;14)

5.He heals all your disease (Psalm 103:3)

6.You will have a personal relationship with Him.
Come near to God and He will come near to You.(James4:8)

7.You receive Strength
For the eyes of the Lord range through out the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully commited to Him(2 Chron16:9)

Also (Isaiah 41:28-31)

8.You will find Him
I love those who love me,and those who seek me find me. (proverb 8:17)

ACTION PLAN.
Ask God now to give you the grace to spend quality time with Him daily,to always be in His presence and to Live for Him.


No comments:

Post a Comment